Pro Blade Clipper Services advises how to best maintain horse, dog and cattle clipper blades and batteries.
Pro Blade will sharpen your blades to the best possible standard. Here are a few tips to help your clipper blades stay sharper for longer.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR BLADES
By following a few simple rules, your blades will last you for many years...
- Animals must be clean and dry before clipping begins.
- Blades must be oiled before and after use.
- Whilst clipping, your blades must be oiled regularly, at least every 10 minutes.
- If your blades overheat, allow them to cool down and oil them.
- Brush hair from between the blade teeth as it builds up, switching off your clippers before you do this.
- Be careful not to drop your blades or bang them on a hard surface as damage to the teeth will occur and cutting will be impaired.
- Remove your blades after clipping, clean thoroughly, oil and store in an oiled cloth or the manufacturer's packaging.
- Ensure your blades are sharpened on a regular basis to ensure a clean, smooth clip for your animal.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR BATTERY PACK
The following will help lengthen the life of your battery pack...
- When you have finished clipping fully charge your battery.
- Like all batteries, your clipper battery pack will need to be completely discharged periodically.
- When discharging your battery, remove the blades and allow the clippers to run until they stop.
- If you put your clippers into storage ensure your battery is fully charged beforehand and charge periodically throughout the storage time.