Pro Blade Clipper Services advises how to best maintain horse, dog and cattle clippers.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR CLIPPERS
At Pro Blade we do a great job of servicing and repairing your clippers and sharpening your clipper blades. We therefore hope that the following video and guidelines will help with the efficient running of your clippers and prolong their life and of course the life of your clipper blades....
- Firstly ensure your animal is clean, grease free and dry before you start clipping.
- Check that your blades are sharp and are not damaged in any way.
- Ensure that the tension on your clippers is set correctly - see manufacturer's instructions if you are unsure.
- Whilst clipping, use a blade oil on a regular basis - at least every 10 minutes, applying it to your blades and the holes in your clipper head.
- Keep the air filter free of hair.
- When you are not clipping, do not leave your clippers running.
- When you have finished clipping, switch off your clippers and unplug from the mains or disconnect from the battery pack and remove the blades.
- Clean your clippers with the clipper brush supplied or a small soft brush.
- Clean your blades and the cavity in the clipper head.
- Remove the air filters and remove hair. Replace air filters.
- Store your clippers in their case.
- Generally speaking an annual service is recommended by most clipper manufacturers but obviously this depends on the workload of your clippers.